Housing Expo 2022
Feria Anual de Vivienda 2022
Jul 30 2022
Please join us for the 5th Annual Housing Expo at the Queens Museum presented by Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC in partnership with several housing experts.
Housing Expo 2022 empowers families with resources on the process of homeownership–a bedrock of wealth creation especially for Black and Latinos communities. Geared to first-time homebuyers, homeowners and renters, Home Expo 2022 will cover topics such as homebuying processes; local rental assistance programs; avoiding eviction or foreclosure during post moratorium; household budgeting and finance; affordable housing; home repairs programs; flooding and resiliency resources; and implementing renewable energy in our own homes.
Participants will have the option to explore different workshops and ask questions, as well as interact with 30 housing related exhibitors providing housing information, including but not limited to: home purchase assistance; financial literacy; affordable housing; energy efficient products; and incentive retrofit programs. In addition, residents can set up an appointment for free credit counseling. This expo will feature three group workshops in Spanish and English including an orientation session on grants for first time homebuyers and a workshop on affordable housing.
Throughout the day, various bilingual workshops will be held to help answer questions such as:
- Is it better to rent or own?
- How much money do I need for a down payment?
- Are there any programs that help with down payments and closing costs?
- What is the importance of credit, and a good credit score?
- What is the role of the not-for-profit counselor, the realtor, the attorney and the lender?
- Am I eligible for affordable housing?
- What resources are available for tenants/homeowners affected by Hurricane Ida
- What can I do if I can’t pay my mortgage?
- I am behind on my property taxes and water will, what can I do?
- My house needs emergency repairs, are there programs for low income homeowners?
- Are there any programs to save on energy and what programs are available for resilient repairs in my home?
To join, please register here.
About Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC
Through financial empowerment and affordable lending, Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC (NHSQ) enables individuals and families to invest in, preserve and improve their neighborhoods, their homes and their future. In addition to providing services throughout New York City, NHSQ is a community-based organization with targeted impact in Queens.
Photo: Courtesy of Neighborhood Housing Services of Queens CDC
¿Quieres comprar casa por primera vez? ¿Tienes problemas para pagar la hipoteca de tu vivienda? ¿Buscas información sobre cómo participar en el programa de apartamentos de bajo costo? ¿Deseas aprender cómo instalar paneles solares en tu casa?
De ser así, acompáñanos el Sábado, 30 de julio, en el Museo de Queens. Allí podrás enterarte sobre lo que debes saber sobre rentar, comprar, arreglar y darle mantenimiento a tu casa. Te podrás informar sobre el proceso de compra de vivienda, sobre eficiencia de energía, asistencia a vivienda asequible y oportunidades de trabajo. Representantes de bancos, agencias del gobierno, y muchos más estarán presentes para darte información sobre los diferente programas y servicios que ofrecen.
- Compra de Vivienda por Primera Vez
- Servicios para Dueños de Vivienda
- Viviendas Asequibles/Servicios para Inquilinos
- Energías Renovables y Eficencia Energetica
Para asegurar la entrada a nuestra exposición, ¡inscríbete ya!
Para mayor información sobre los servicios que ofrece NHS de Queens, visítanos en nhsofqueens.org o llámanos al 718-457-1017.