Join us for the free Queens Museum Children’s Book Celebration! Enjoy live readings and art making presented by local award winning children’s book authors and illustrators in partnership with the Queens Library Summer Reading Program. We are hosting another amazing group of local award-winning authors and illustrators for the Children’s Book Celebration. They’ll each be creating their own special stations for young readers to interact directly with them and their work through art making and other activities. This event is an opportunity to break down the wall between young readers and book makers and celebrate the power of books in the lives of children. It is exciting to be able to create this event in Queens, our most diverse borough. We’ll have multilingual story hours, the Queens Library present for borrowing books, a Books of Wonder pop-up shop and a special literary obstacle course from The Reading Ninja.
The first two hundred attendees will receive a free poster drawn by Mika Song so come early!
- Meet New York City-based award winning children’s book authors and illustrators who will be signing their books also available for sale. The list of guest authors and illustrators include Ruth Chan, Angela Dominguez, Frank Dormer, Ame Dyckman, Jen Hill, Sam Ita, Melissa Iwai, Aram Kim, Adam Lehrhaupt, Kelly Light, Tim Miller, Chris Silas Neal, John Parra, Anna Raff, Isabel Roxas, Neil Swaab, David Ezra Stein, Dasha Tolstikova, Sara Varon, David Weinstone
- Enjoy live readings of children’s books by authors and special guests
- Enjoy story time in multiple languages
- Participate in free art making activities
- Visit Queens Library Information Station and the Queens Library Mobile Van
- Sign up for a library card
- Enroll for summer reading program
- Children, read-down your fines
- Learn about summer reading activities at your local branch
- Check out available children’s titles
- Participate in a special activity set-up by The Reading Ninja.
- NYC MUNI ID Holders, enroll for a free one-year Family membership
- Explore the Museum’s exhibitions