The Kew Gardens Festival of Cinema aims to spread awareness of cinematic creativity throughout Kew Gardens, Queens and neighboring communities. For full schedule visit kewgardensfestivalofcinema.com
11:30am-1:15pm KGFC Shorts Buffet – A Little Bit Of Every Genre – Block 2
Mariachi Madness Runtime: 11:30 Minutes
Imaginary Novels Volume 1 Runtime: 8:49 Minutes
Chasm Runtime: 5:47 Minutes
Adam Runtime: 7:49 Minutes
“lost & Found; Road To Our Fathers” Runtime: 1 Hour And 0 Minutes
RSVP here (Free)
2:15-4pm KGFC Shorts Buffet – A Little Bit Of Every Genre – Block 3
The Foundation That Will Never Break Runtime: 5:23 Minutes
Voices From Kaw Thoo Lei Runtime: 10:45 Minutes
Green & Yellow Runtime: 19:00 Minutes
Backstage Runtime: 6:00 Minutes
Power Of Prayer Runtime: 12:36 Minutes
The Great Griffin Runtime: 34:17 Minutes
Runtime: 1 hour and 46 minutes
Followed by Q & A with Director Joe Minion (1 hour)
A Los Angeles private eye is hired by a paranoid client to investigate an eccentric woman whom he’s convinced means him harm. As he gets to know the woman the detective blows his cover which leads him down the rabbit hole of his own troubled psyche. Filmed in 1999, Trafficking, a film noir set in the 90’s comes from writer/director Joe Minion (best known for writing After Hours for Martin Scorsese and Vampire’s Kiss starring Nicolas Cage). This never before seen feature film was shot on 16mm on a low budget, however production snags led to the film not being completed during post. Now for the first time and almost 20 years since the film was made, Kew Gardens Festival of Cinema proudly presents this gem, a throwback to the post modern film noir from the ’70’s and a reminder of a time when films were shot on film.
RSVP here (Free)
• General RSVP for this program includes all the films listed.
• Attendees who have RSVP’d must arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the film to guarantee seats.
• Online RSVP is not required but highly recommended. Please be sure to bring valid ID for check in. All RSVP’s will be held for 10 minutes before showtime, at which time seats will be released to stand-by and non-rsvp’s.
• RSVP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION
• Absolutely No Late Seating