Open Call: Queens Museum Young Trustee
The Queens Museum is seeking a new member of its Board of Trustees to represent and connect the Museum to the next generation of arts and culture leaders. The Young Trustee will bring their experience, skills, and knowledge to the governance of the Queens Museum to help shape its future in advance of its 50th anniversary in 2022. In addition to attending Board meetings and fulfilling other Trustee responsibilities, we see this as a unique opportunity for the new Board member. The Young Trustee will gain deep insight about the structure and governance of a major museum through attending Board meetings and being involved on a committee of their interest. They will also be matched with a current Board member whose professional experience aligns with their goals and interests, and who will serve as a mentor.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings
- Help determine the strategic direction of the Museum
- Serve as a member on one Board committee
- Advocate for and represent the Museum in the community
The Trustee will serve one full three-year term beginning January 2021.
About Deutsche Bank’s CSR Leadership
This Trustee position is made possible through Deutsche Bank’s CSR Leadership Incubator. Deutsche Bank’s CSR Leadership Incubator equips employees and emerging nonprofit leaders to strengthen organizations at the enterprise level. The Incubator offers a variety of trainings that reflect many years of advising employees and nonprofit partners and observing recurring themes in the leadership challenges they express.
The Queens Museum Young Trustee will participate in Deutsche Bank’s CSR Leadership Incubator during their 3 year tenure on the Queens Museum’s Board of Trustees.
- A background and interest in contemporary art, community organizing, and/or nonprofit administration.
- Experience in digital technology and its application in reaching younger audiences.
- A connection to Queens and its communities.
- In addition to English language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, Bangla, or ASL are desirable.
How to Apply
Submit a letter of interest stating how this opportunity will serve your career goals via email to: email@example.com. Subject line: “QM Young Trustee”.
Application Due Date
- Applications are due by Friday, November 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM (EST).
- Interviews for prospective candidates will be held remotely via Zoom the week of November 30, 2020.
- The Young Trustee position begins on Thursday, December 10, 2020.