Fundreds All Over New York:
Queens Museum and Locations Across the City
Apr 8 2018
Sep 5 2018
The Fundred Project is a nationwide art project that seeks to amplify the voices of children and communities affected by lead poisoning. As an extension of All Over the Place, the Fundred Project is coming to NYC –– Fundreds All Over New York.
In the wake of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Mel Chin first learned about the silent storm of lead poisoning that had been plaguing the city and rest of the nation for decades. Recognizing the scale of the problem, Mel saw that existing resources were inadequate and often undervalued the voices of those most affected by lead poisoning –– children. He started the Fundred Project to offer an opportunity for children’s voices to lead the call for a lead-free future. The project has since grown into a collaboration between children, artists, educators, and leaders across the country.
Fundred Dollar Bills are a creative currency –– unique works of art –– that demonstrate how much we value the voices of children and a future free of lead poisoning. So far, nearly half a million people across all fifty states have created their own Fundreds that are filling up the Fundred Reserve in Washington DC. The Fundreds will be presented to our nation’s leaders, with the value embodied in them given as a down payment for action to deal with this destructive element, once and for all.
Thousands of Fundreds from New York will be on view at the Queens Museum as part of the exhibition, join us as we activate Fundred-making across the city!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Order Fundred templates through this form
- Draw your unique Fundred –– remember, only one Fundred per person!
- Mail your Fundreds to:
Attn: Fundred Project
New York City Building
Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Queens, NY 11368
- See Queens made Fundreds on view at Queens Museum
- Join us at the museum on Sundays from 1:30 – 4:30 for Family Workshop Day.
- Add a Fundred Focus to your Queens Museum school tour at no extra charge
- Attend or plan a Fundred event, see schedule on right side of this page, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to plan
- Visit here for educational resources and more information
Fundreds All Over New York Partners and Participating Schools/Organizations
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum
- Hillside Arts & Letters Academy
- PS 144
- MS 217
- Siyona Ravi, Fundred NYC Engagement Coordinator: email@example.com
- Claudia Dishon, Queens Museum Manager of School Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized by Queens Museum and the Fundred Project
12:00 – 3:00 PM
Nature and Science Week featuring the Fundred Project
Location: Brooklyn Children’s Museum, Visiting Exhibition Gallery
Wednesday April 25
12:00 – 5:00 PM
Fundreds Day of Advocacy in Washington DC
Location: US Capitol, Washington DC
Fundreds from across the country, including new Fundreds created in Michigan, New York and District of Columbia will be brought to our nation’s leaders as part of day of advocacy for action to end lead poisoning. Join us there and on social media! @FundredProject
Saturday May 12
3:00 – 4:30 PM
Fundred: The Value of the Long Haul
Fundred team presentation at Open Engagement, hosted at Queens Museum.
With support from:
Fundreds All Over New York is made possible in part by lead support from The Kresge Foundation in partnership with MIT CoLab and SOURCE Studio.